Arkansas' Flynn charged with DWI
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP)
Authorities say Arkansas junior defensive end Austin Flynn was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated Tuesday morning.
Flynn, who transferred to the Razorbacks before last season from Los Angeles (Calif.) Harbor College, was stopped by Fayetteville police, who said he was speeding and then crossed the center line. According to a preliminary police report, Flynn's blood-alcohol level was 0.14 percent, nearly twice the legal limit.
Flynn becomes the first Arkansas player arrested since the program hired coach Bret Bielema in December. A Bielema spokesman didn't immediately return a message seeking comment.
The 6-foot-5, 260-pound Flynn had 10 tackles in 12 games last season for the Razorbacks.
fox sports exclusives
recently recommended stories
What was the biggest sports story of 2013?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- NHL lockout ends — Chicago Blackhawks win Stanley Cup
- Boston Marathon bombing followed by Boston Strong support and the Boston Red Sox winning the World Series at home
- Toronto Maple Leafs' Game 7 collapse against the Boston Bruins
- Saskatchewan Roughriders host and win the 101st Grey Cup
- LeBron James leads the Miami Heat to a second consecutive NBA Championship
- Lights out at Super Bowl XLVII
- Historic winning streaks of the Chicago Blackhawks and Miami Heat
- MLB's steroid investigation and player suspensions
- Aaron Hernandez charged with murder
- Oscar Pistorius charged with murder
- Lance Armstrong admits to doping
- The Manti Te'o hoax