Broncos promote Gase to OC
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP)
The Denver Broncos promoted quarterbacks coach Adam Gase to replace Mike McCoy as offensive coordinator.
Gase joined the Broncos in 2009 as wide receivers coach. He spent the last two seasons coaching the quarterbacks.
McCoy left Denver to become head coach for the San Diego Chargers.
Coach John Fox said continuity was important for the Broncos, who were ranked fourth in the NFL in Peyton Manning's first season at quarterback.
fox sports exclusives
recently recommended stories
What was the biggest sports story of 2013?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- NHL lockout ends — Chicago Blackhawks win Stanley Cup
- Boston Marathon bombing followed by Boston Strong support and the Boston Red Sox winning the World Series at home
- Toronto Maple Leafs' Game 7 collapse against the Boston Bruins
- Saskatchewan Roughriders host and win the 101st Grey Cup
- LeBron James leads the Miami Heat to a second consecutive NBA Championship
- Lights out at Super Bowl XLVII
- Historic winning streaks of the Chicago Blackhawks and Miami Heat
- MLB's steroid investigation and player suspensions
- Aaron Hernandez charged with murder
- Oscar Pistorius charged with murder
- Lance Armstrong admits to doping
- The Manti Te'o hoax