Kaepernick's TD gesture causes stir
Move over, Tim Tebow. Kaepernicking is all the craze now.
In the wake of San Francisco's 45-31 victory over the Green Bay Packers in Saturday night's NFC divisional playoff, 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick's touchdown celebration of flexing his right arm and kissing his bicep has taken off on social media.
Several 49ers fans have posted pictures of themselves in the act at home, in bars, on the street, at work or just about any other place they frequent. Some even positioned their toddlers or dogs in the position. Others made online videos.
Kaepernicking had started weeks ago after the quarterback replaced Alex Smith, though the act has increased during San Francisco's run to the NFC title game against Atlanta. Kaepernick has often retweeted other fans' pictures of the act on Twitter.
Tebowmania? That's so last season.
Tebow, a dedicated Christian, had kneeled down in prayer following scores during Denver's improbable run to the playoffs last year. He faded with the New York Jets this season, and so did Tebowing.
fox sports exclusives
recently recommended stories
What was the biggest sports story of 2013?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- NHL lockout ends — Chicago Blackhawks win Stanley Cup
- Boston Marathon bombing followed by Boston Strong support and the Boston Red Sox winning the World Series at home
- Toronto Maple Leafs' Game 7 collapse against the Boston Bruins
- Saskatchewan Roughriders host and win the 101st Grey Cup
- LeBron James leads the Miami Heat to a second consecutive NBA Championship
- Lights out at Super Bowl XLVII
- Historic winning streaks of the Chicago Blackhawks and Miami Heat
- MLB's steroid investigation and player suspensions
- Aaron Hernandez charged with murder
- Oscar Pistorius charged with murder
- Lance Armstrong admits to doping
- The Manti Te'o hoax