Knicks' Anthony won't play vs. Heat
Carmelo Anthony will not play in the New York Knicks' game against the Miami Heat on Thursday night, one day after getting five stitches in the middle finger of his left hand.
Anthony had been listed as a game-time decision. The Knicks released a lineup about 30 minutes before game time saying Anthony would start, then announced the change minutes later.
Kurt Thomas was switched into the lineup in Anthony's place.
The Heat also had an injury-related lineup decision. Point guard Mario Chalmers was back in the starting lineup despite injuring a finger on his left hand in Tuesday's loss at Washington. Udonis Haslem was listed as the starter at power forward, though Shane Battier (knee sprain) was back on the active roster.
fox sports exclusives
recently recommended stories
What was the biggest sports story of 2013?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- NHL lockout ends — Chicago Blackhawks win Stanley Cup
- Boston Marathon bombing followed by Boston Strong support and the Boston Red Sox winning the World Series at home
- Toronto Maple Leafs' Game 7 collapse against the Boston Bruins
- Saskatchewan Roughriders host and win the 101st Grey Cup
- LeBron James leads the Miami Heat to a second consecutive NBA Championship
- Lights out at Super Bowl XLVII
- Historic winning streaks of the Chicago Blackhawks and Miami Heat
- MLB's steroid investigation and player suspensions
- Aaron Hernandez charged with murder
- Oscar Pistorius charged with murder
- Lance Armstrong admits to doping
- The Manti Te'o hoax