Larry Bird's son arrested
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (AP)
Basketball great Larry Bird's son has been arrested after police say he tried to run over his ex-girlfriend with a car.
Twenty-one-year-old Conner Anthony Bird faces preliminary charges including intimidation with a deadly weapon, battery with injury and possession of marijuana.
"It is a private matter we are hoping to resolve as quickly as possible," said Connor Bird's attorney, John Tompkins, in a statement. "We are happy no one was seriously hurt."
Indiana University police arrested Bird on Sunday morning. They say his ex-girlfriend told an officer that Bird threw a cellphone at her and drove his car at her during an argument. A police report says IU police arrested Bird after tracking down his vehicle.
Bird is a student at IU's Bloomington campus. A Monroe County jail officer said Tuesday that Bird was no longer in custody.
fox sports exclusives
recently recommended stories
What was the biggest sports story of 2013?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- NHL lockout ends — Chicago Blackhawks win Stanley Cup
- Boston Marathon bombing followed by Boston Strong support and the Boston Red Sox winning the World Series at home
- Toronto Maple Leafs' Game 7 collapse against the Boston Bruins
- Saskatchewan Roughriders host and win the 101st Grey Cup
- LeBron James leads the Miami Heat to a second consecutive NBA Championship
- Lights out at Super Bowl XLVII
- Historic winning streaks of the Chicago Blackhawks and Miami Heat
- MLB's steroid investigation and player suspensions
- Aaron Hernandez charged with murder
- Oscar Pistorius charged with murder
- Lance Armstrong admits to doping
- The Manti Te'o hoax