Man convicted of killing Curry's ex
A jury has convicted a Chicago attorney of murdering former NBA center Eddy Curry's ex-girlfriend and infant daughter four years ago.
Fredrick Goings showed no reaction when the jury's guilty verdict was read Tuesday in the January 2009 shooting deaths of 24-year-old Nova Henry and her and Curry's 10-month-old daughter, Ava.
Goings represented Henry in a child custody case against the former Chicago Bulls, New York Knicks and Miami Heat center, and was also romantically involved with her. Prosecutors say Henry tried to end her relationship with Goings and moved out with her and Curry's two children.
They say Goings shot Henry in her home while she was holding the infant. Her and Curry's son, who was then 3 years old, was also in the home but wasn't harmed.
Curry, who now plays in China, didn't testify.
Henry's mother, Yolan Henry, said expressed relief after the hearing, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.
''I'm feeling elated. I can breathe,'' she said. ''I feel justice has been served.''
Yolan Henry testified that she found her surviving grandson, Noah, with the bodies of his sister and mother, and that he told her, ''Fredrick did it.''
Attorneys for Goings maintained that he was innocent and said there was no physical evidence linking him to the killings.
fox sports exclusives
recently recommended stories
What was the biggest sports story of 2013?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- NHL lockout ends — Chicago Blackhawks win Stanley Cup
- Boston Marathon bombing followed by Boston Strong support and the Boston Red Sox winning the World Series at home
- Toronto Maple Leafs' Game 7 collapse against the Boston Bruins
- Saskatchewan Roughriders host and win the 101st Grey Cup
- LeBron James leads the Miami Heat to a second consecutive NBA Championship
- Lights out at Super Bowl XLVII
- Historic winning streaks of the Chicago Blackhawks and Miami Heat
- MLB's steroid investigation and player suspensions
- Aaron Hernandez charged with murder
- Oscar Pistorius charged with murder
- Lance Armstrong admits to doping
- The Manti Te'o hoax