Man falls from upper deck at Coliseum
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP)
Police say a man fell from the upper deck at Oakland Coliseum during Thursday's Raiders-Broncos game and is in serious condition at a hospital.
Oakland police Officer Kevin McDonald says the man fell from the third deck on to the concrete of the lower concourse at about 5:30 p.m., shortly after kickoff.
McDonald says initial reports called the fall an accident, but it remains under investigation.
He says the man is at a hospital and listed in serious condition, but had no further information on his injuries or identity.
The Raiders, who lost to the Broncos 26-13, issued a statement saying the team had no information beyond what authorities are releasing, but the their thoughts and prayers are with the man and his family and friends.
fox sports exclusives
recently recommended stories
What was the biggest sports story of 2013?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- NHL lockout ends — Chicago Blackhawks win Stanley Cup
- Boston Marathon bombing followed by Boston Strong support and the Boston Red Sox winning the World Series at home
- Toronto Maple Leafs' Game 7 collapse against the Boston Bruins
- Saskatchewan Roughriders host and win the 101st Grey Cup
- LeBron James leads the Miami Heat to a second consecutive NBA Championship
- Lights out at Super Bowl XLVII
- Historic winning streaks of the Chicago Blackhawks and Miami Heat
- MLB's steroid investigation and player suspensions
- Aaron Hernandez charged with murder
- Oscar Pistorius charged with murder
- Lance Armstrong admits to doping
- The Manti Te'o hoax