RG3 fined $10K for wearing Adidas
ASHBURN, Va. (AP)
Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III has been fined $10,000 by the NFL for wearing Adidas at his postgame news conference Sunday.
The NFL on Wednesday confirmed the fine for ''unauthorized apparel.''
Griffin was inactive for the game because of a sprained knee, and he wore an Adidas T-shirt and sweat jacket when he addressed reporters afterward. Griffin has a sponsorship deal with Adidas, but the league has a deal with Nike.
It's the second time this season Griffin has been rebuked for his attire, but it's his first time he's been fined. He covered up the Nike swoosh on his official team warm-up shirt before the regular opener against the New Orleans Saints.
fox sports exclusives
recently recommended stories
What was the biggest sports story of 2013?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- NHL lockout ends — Chicago Blackhawks win Stanley Cup
- Boston Marathon bombing followed by Boston Strong support and the Boston Red Sox winning the World Series at home
- Toronto Maple Leafs' Game 7 collapse against the Boston Bruins
- Saskatchewan Roughriders host and win the 101st Grey Cup
- LeBron James leads the Miami Heat to a second consecutive NBA Championship
- Lights out at Super Bowl XLVII
- Historic winning streaks of the Chicago Blackhawks and Miami Heat
- MLB's steroid investigation and player suspensions
- Aaron Hernandez charged with murder
- Oscar Pistorius charged with murder
- Lance Armstrong admits to doping
- The Manti Te'o hoax