Texans auction to benefit Newtown
The Houston Texans will donate the proceeds from a silent auction during Sunday's game against the Vikings to the victims of the school shooting in Newtown, Conn.
Team owner Bob McNair and the Houston Texans Foundation will match the amount raised by the auction. The money will be given to the Sandy Hook School Support Fund, which was created by the United Way.
Items available in the auction include an autographed and framed Andre Johnson jersey, an autographed Arian Foster Jersey, framed and autographed photos of J.J. Watt, a trip for two to the 2013 NFL draft and a package for two people to experience pre-game introductions from Houston's tunnel before their first playoff game.
fox sports exclusives
recently recommended stories
What was the biggest sports story of 2013?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- NHL lockout ends — Chicago Blackhawks win Stanley Cup
- Boston Marathon bombing followed by Boston Strong support and the Boston Red Sox winning the World Series at home
- Toronto Maple Leafs' Game 7 collapse against the Boston Bruins
- Saskatchewan Roughriders host and win the 101st Grey Cup
- LeBron James leads the Miami Heat to a second consecutive NBA Championship
- Lights out at Super Bowl XLVII
- Historic winning streaks of the Chicago Blackhawks and Miami Heat
- MLB's steroid investigation and player suspensions
- Aaron Hernandez charged with murder
- Oscar Pistorius charged with murder
- Lance Armstrong admits to doping
- The Manti Te'o hoax