Woodhead hurt on game's first play
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP)
Along with reportedly losing star tight end Rob Gronkowski for the remainder of the postseason, the New England Patriots lost running back Danny Woodhead during Sunday’s playoff win over the Houston Texans to a thumb injury.
Woodhead, who had more than 700 yards from scrimmage and seven touchdowns during the regular season, was injured on the first play of Sunday’s 41-28 win over the Texans. There was no word given after the game on his status for next week’s AFC Championship Game against Baltimore.
fox sports exclusives
recently recommended stories
What was the biggest sports story of 2013?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- NHL lockout ends — Chicago Blackhawks win Stanley Cup
- Boston Marathon bombing followed by Boston Strong support and the Boston Red Sox winning the World Series at home
- Toronto Maple Leafs' Game 7 collapse against the Boston Bruins
- Saskatchewan Roughriders host and win the 101st Grey Cup
- LeBron James leads the Miami Heat to a second consecutive NBA Championship
- Lights out at Super Bowl XLVII
- Historic winning streaks of the Chicago Blackhawks and Miami Heat
- MLB's steroid investigation and player suspensions
- Aaron Hernandez charged with murder
- Oscar Pistorius charged with murder
- Lance Armstrong admits to doping
- The Manti Te'o hoax