Coyotes acquire Lombardi in deal with Maple Leafs
GLENDALE, Ariz. - The Phoenix Coyotes have acquired centre Matthew Lombardi from the Toronto Maple Leafs for a fourth-round pick in the 2014 draft.
Lombardi played for the Coyotes from 2008-10, scoring 19 goals with 34 assists in 78 games during the 2009-10 season. He missed most of the 2010-11 season due to a concussion and had eight goals and 10 assists in 62 games for Toronto last season.
Lombardi has 97 goals and 157 assists in 508 NHL games, including a stint with the Calgary Flames. He's also played in 40 career playoff games, with three goals and 13 assists.
fox sports exclusives
recently recommended stories
What was the biggest sports story of 2013?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- NHL lockout ends — Chicago Blackhawks win Stanley Cup
- Boston Marathon bombing followed by Boston Strong support and the Boston Red Sox winning the World Series at home
- Toronto Maple Leafs' Game 7 collapse against the Boston Bruins
- Saskatchewan Roughriders host and win the 101st Grey Cup
- LeBron James leads the Miami Heat to a second consecutive NBA Championship
- Lights out at Super Bowl XLVII
- Historic winning streaks of the Chicago Blackhawks and Miami Heat
- MLB's steroid investigation and player suspensions
- Aaron Hernandez charged with murder
- Oscar Pistorius charged with murder
- Lance Armstrong admits to doping
- The Manti Te'o hoax