The BCS national championship is college football’s biggest prize, and the Southeastern Conference has ruled that roost. Alabama gave the SEC its sixth consecutive national title last season, and the Crimson Tide will try to make that seven — and defend their crown — on Jan. 7 against Notre Dame (full bowl schedule).
There’s no doubt, however, that college football is big business, and Forbes Magazine on Wednesday released its 2012 college football program valuations based on financial data from the 2011-12 fiscal year.
While SEC teams certainly dominate the list, which program stands above the pack? Click through and find out.
fox sports exclusives
recently recommended stories
What was the biggest sports story of 2013?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- NHL lockout ends — Chicago Blackhawks win Stanley Cup
- Boston Marathon bombing followed by Boston Strong support and the Boston Red Sox winning the World Series at home
- Toronto Maple Leafs' Game 7 collapse against the Boston Bruins
- Saskatchewan Roughriders host and win the 101st Grey Cup
- LeBron James leads the Miami Heat to a second consecutive NBA Championship
- Lights out at Super Bowl XLVII
- Historic winning streaks of the Chicago Blackhawks and Miami Heat
- MLB's steroid investigation and player suspensions
- Aaron Hernandez charged with murder
- Oscar Pistorius charged with murder
- Lance Armstrong admits to doping
- The Manti Te'o hoax