Balotelli argues with police after being fined
AC Milan forward Mario Balotelli celebrates after scoring during the Serie A soccer match between AC Milan and Udinese at the San Siro stadium in Milan, Italy, Sunday, Feb. 3, 2013. (AP Photo/Antonio Calanni)
MILAN - New AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli has been involved in an argument with police after parking illegally on Thursday.
According to reports, Balotelli, who was on his way to collect friends, was told to move his car when he stopped in a no-parking zone in front of Milan's Linate airport.
The Italy striker did so, but then parked again illegally. Balotelli was then fined by the traffic police for not having his insurance documents on him.
Balotelli reacted badly, getting into a heated discussion with them, and passing police had to intervene to calm the situation.
Balotelli returned to Italy last week in a €20 million ($27 million) transfer from Manchester City.
He scored both goals in a 2-1 win over Udinese on Sunday.
fox sports exclusives
recently recommended stories
What was the biggest sports story of 2013?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- NHL lockout ends — Chicago Blackhawks win Stanley Cup
- Boston Marathon bombing followed by Boston Strong support and the Boston Red Sox winning the World Series at home
- Toronto Maple Leafs' Game 7 collapse against the Boston Bruins
- Saskatchewan Roughriders host and win the 101st Grey Cup
- LeBron James leads the Miami Heat to a second consecutive NBA Championship
- Lights out at Super Bowl XLVII
- Historic winning streaks of the Chicago Blackhawks and Miami Heat
- MLB's steroid investigation and player suspensions
- Aaron Hernandez charged with murder
- Oscar Pistorius charged with murder
- Lance Armstrong admits to doping
- The Manti Te'o hoax