Bode Miller to miss rest of the season
FILE - In this Jan. 13, 2012 file photo, Bode Miller, of the United States, looks at the scoreboard after finishing third in a alpine ski, men's World Cup super-combined, in Wengen, Switzerland. Miller will skip the rest of the World Cup season to rest his surgically repaired left knee.The two-time overall champion had microfracture surgery nearly a year ago and has been taking a cautious approach to recovery, not wanting any sort of setback with the Sochi Games just a year away. (AP Photo/Marco Trovati, File)
Bode Miller will skip the rest of the World Cup season to rest his surgically repaired left knee.
The two-time overall champion had microfracture surgery nearly a year ago and has been taking a cautious approach to recovery, not wanting any sort of setback with the Sochi Olympics just a year away.
And while the 35-year-old has missed some races, he hasn't missed a full season since his debut in 1997.
Miller called the decision "tough," but "easy for me when I look at my opportunity next year."
This has been a big year for Miller off the slopes. He married pro volleyball player Morgan Miller on Oct. 7, and the couple is expecting their first child. Miller has a 4-year-old daughter from a previous relationship.
fox sports exclusives
recently recommended stories
What was the biggest sports story of 2013?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- NHL lockout ends — Chicago Blackhawks win Stanley Cup
- Boston Marathon bombing followed by Boston Strong support and the Boston Red Sox winning the World Series at home
- Toronto Maple Leafs' Game 7 collapse against the Boston Bruins
- Saskatchewan Roughriders host and win the 101st Grey Cup
- LeBron James leads the Miami Heat to a second consecutive NBA Championship
- Lights out at Super Bowl XLVII
- Historic winning streaks of the Chicago Blackhawks and Miami Heat
- MLB's steroid investigation and player suspensions
- Aaron Hernandez charged with murder
- Oscar Pistorius charged with murder
- Lance Armstrong admits to doping
- The Manti Te'o hoax