AP source: Morse headed to Seattle in 3-team trade
A person familiar with the trade says the Washington Nationals have agreed to send Michael Morse to Seattle as part of a three-team deal that would move catcher John Jaso from the Mariners to the Athletics and pitcher A.J. Cole from Oakland to the Nationals.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity Wednesday because the trade had not yet been announced. The deal was first reported by The Washington Post.
Morse hit .291 with 18 home runs and 62 RBIs for the Nationals in an injury-plagued season, playing mostly as an outfielder. The NL East champions acquired Denard Span in a trade and contemplated moving the 30-year-old Morse to first base but then re-signed Adam LaRoche. Morse played for the Mariners from 2005-08.
fox sports exclusives
recently recommended stories
What was the biggest sports story of 2013?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- NHL lockout ends — Chicago Blackhawks win Stanley Cup
- Boston Marathon bombing followed by Boston Strong support and the Boston Red Sox winning the World Series at home
- Toronto Maple Leafs' Game 7 collapse against the Boston Bruins
- Saskatchewan Roughriders host and win the 101st Grey Cup
- LeBron James leads the Miami Heat to a second consecutive NBA Championship
- Lights out at Super Bowl XLVII
- Historic winning streaks of the Chicago Blackhawks and Miami Heat
- MLB's steroid investigation and player suspensions
- Aaron Hernandez charged with murder
- Oscar Pistorius charged with murder
- Lance Armstrong admits to doping
- The Manti Te'o hoax