Football player's former girlfriend testifies
CALGARY - The former girlfriend of a one-time Calgary Stampeders football player says he tried to choke and smother her when she came home and found him in her bed.
Kaitlin Ward says she dated Joffrey Reynolds for six years before ending their relationship in December 2011.
She says they tried to patch things up and she allowed him to stay with her for a couple of days after his house was foreclosed on.
Ward says she and Reynolds attended a party at a bar in July 2012 and she told him he couldn't stay with her any longer.
She says the former CFL running back kicked her in the back of the leg and when she went home later he was waiting for her.
Reynolds is charged with assault causing bodily harm, common assault and break and enter.
fox sports exclusives
recently recommended stories
What was the biggest sports story of 2013?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- NHL lockout ends — Chicago Blackhawks win Stanley Cup
- Boston Marathon bombing followed by Boston Strong support and the Boston Red Sox winning the World Series at home
- Toronto Maple Leafs' Game 7 collapse against the Boston Bruins
- Saskatchewan Roughriders host and win the 101st Grey Cup
- LeBron James leads the Miami Heat to a second consecutive NBA Championship
- Lights out at Super Bowl XLVII
- Historic winning streaks of the Chicago Blackhawks and Miami Heat
- MLB's steroid investigation and player suspensions
- Aaron Hernandez charged with murder
- Oscar Pistorius charged with murder
- Lance Armstrong admits to doping
- The Manti Te'o hoax