Judd announces separation from Franchitti
FILE - In this Sept. 23, 2012 file photo, actress Ashley Judd, right, and her husband, Dario Franchitti, arrives at the 64th Primetime Emmy Awards at the Nokia Theatre, in Los Angeles. Judd's spokeswoman confirmed a Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2013, report from People that the 44-year-old actress and 39-year-old Scottish race car driver are ending their marriage. (Photo by Matt Sayles/Invision/AP, File)
LOS ANGELES, Calif. - Ashley Judd and Dario Franchitti are separating after 11 years of marriage.
Judd's spokeswoman confirmed a Tuesday report from People magazine that the 44-year-old actress and 39-year-old Scottish race car driver are ending their marriage.
The star of such films as "Double Jeopardy" and "Kiss the Girls" says in a statement that the pair will "always be family" and will continue to cherish their relationship based on love, integrity and respect.
Last year, Judd starred in the ABC series "Missing" and attended the Democratic National Convention as a Tennessee delegate.
Franchitti has won the Indianapolis 500 race three times.
The couple wed in a private ceremony in Scotland in 2001.
fox sports exclusives
recently recommended stories
What was the biggest sports story of 2013?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- NHL lockout ends — Chicago Blackhawks win Stanley Cup
- Boston Marathon bombing followed by Boston Strong support and the Boston Red Sox winning the World Series at home
- Toronto Maple Leafs' Game 7 collapse against the Boston Bruins
- Saskatchewan Roughriders host and win the 101st Grey Cup
- LeBron James leads the Miami Heat to a second consecutive NBA Championship
- Lights out at Super Bowl XLVII
- Historic winning streaks of the Chicago Blackhawks and Miami Heat
- MLB's steroid investigation and player suspensions
- Aaron Hernandez charged with murder
- Oscar Pistorius charged with murder
- Lance Armstrong admits to doping
- The Manti Te'o hoax