LONGUEUIL, Que. - A lawyer says there will be a guilty plea in the beating and robbery of a world poker champion, who was allegedly set up by his ex-girlfriend.

The lawyer for Bianca Rojas-Latraverse said she will be pleading guilty when she makes her next court appearance Friday.

She is accused of masterminding an attack against her ex-boyfriend, former world poker champion Jonathan Duhamel.

"She wants to have a clear conscience, move along with her life and get this behind her," said Sarah Desabrais, the woman's lawyer, in an interview.

"She has decided to plead guilty."

Three people are accused of participating in the attack, where people allegedly broke into Duhamel's Montreal-area home, beat him, tied him up, and stole more than $100,000 in cash from a safe along with some of his most prized possessions.

Rojas-Latraverse was not present during the attack but she is accused of conspiracy, kidnapping, break and enter, armed robbery and assault causing bodily harm because of her alleged role.

Duhamel, who won nearly US$9 million in the 2010 World Series of Poker, was attacked at his home last year.

Rojas-Latraverse had been forced to delay the start of her trial last week after being hurt in an apparent incident at her detention centre. Her lawyer said she was doing better.

Now she will try to reach a sentencing agreement with prosecutors in advance of Friday's appearance, Desabrais said.

The lawyer noted that many people involved in the case were surprised by the plea change: "Everyone (was) — myself included."