Madden NFL 13 picks Ravens to beat 49ers
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. - The Baltimore Ravens have the edge over the San Francisco 49ers in this year's Super Bowl, according to a simulation of the big game on the Xbox 360 version of "Madden NFL 13."
The simulation saw the Ravens beat the 49ers 27-24, with quarterback Joe Flacco picking up MVP honours.
The game was tied with two minutes to go before rookie kicker Justin Tucker booted a 40-yard field goal.
The 49ers' last attempt at victory ended when Ed Reed intercepted a pass from Colin Kaepernick with 10 seconds on the clock.
EA Sports says its simulations have accurately predicted seven of the past nine Super Bowl Champions. The 2009 matchup between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Arizona Cardinals was just two points off of the exact score.
fox sports exclusives
recently recommended stories
What was the biggest sports story of 2013?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- NHL lockout ends — Chicago Blackhawks win Stanley Cup
- Boston Marathon bombing followed by Boston Strong support and the Boston Red Sox winning the World Series at home
- Toronto Maple Leafs' Game 7 collapse against the Boston Bruins
- Saskatchewan Roughriders host and win the 101st Grey Cup
- LeBron James leads the Miami Heat to a second consecutive NBA Championship
- Lights out at Super Bowl XLVII
- Historic winning streaks of the Chicago Blackhawks and Miami Heat
- MLB's steroid investigation and player suspensions
- Aaron Hernandez charged with murder
- Oscar Pistorius charged with murder
- Lance Armstrong admits to doping
- The Manti Te'o hoax