Defensive back Eddie Russ won't be hitting the CFL free-agent market.
Russ re-signed with the Saskatchewan Roughriders on Friday. He was scheduled to become a free agent next Friday.
Saskatchewan also signed offensive lineman Xavier Fulton to a contract extension.
The six-foot, 185-pound Russ will return for his third season with Saskatchewan. Last year, he had 33 tackles and two interceptions in 16 games.
The six-foot-four, 300-pound Fulton started 16 games with Saskatchewan in 2012 and was the club's nominee for the CFL's top rookie award. Fulton is under contract with the Riders through the 2015 season.
fox sports exclusives
recently recommended stories
What was the biggest sports story of 2013?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- NHL lockout ends — Chicago Blackhawks win Stanley Cup
- Boston Marathon bombing followed by Boston Strong support and the Boston Red Sox winning the World Series at home
- Toronto Maple Leafs' Game 7 collapse against the Boston Bruins
- Saskatchewan Roughriders host and win the 101st Grey Cup
- LeBron James leads the Miami Heat to a second consecutive NBA Championship
- Lights out at Super Bowl XLVII
- Historic winning streaks of the Chicago Blackhawks and Miami Heat
- MLB's steroid investigation and player suspensions
- Aaron Hernandez charged with murder
- Oscar Pistorius charged with murder
- Lance Armstrong admits to doping
- The Manti Te'o hoax