Snowmobiler Caleb Moore remains in critical condition in a Colorado hospital after a dramatic crash at the Winter X Games in Aspen.
Moore's grandfather told The Denver Post the prognosis isn't good and that it's "almost certain" the 25-year-old won't recover.
A family spokeswoman reissued a statement Tuesday thanking fans, friends and family for their support and asked for continued prayers. They declined further comment.
Moore was performing a flip Thursday when he clipped the top of a jump and went over the handlebars. The snowmobile rolled over him, but he walked off with help and went to a hospital with a concussion. He later developed bleeding around his heart and was flown to Grand Junction for surgery. His family said Sunday that Moore then had a secondary complication involving his brain.
fox sports exclusives
recently recommended stories
What was the biggest sports story of 2013?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- NHL lockout ends — Chicago Blackhawks win Stanley Cup
- Boston Marathon bombing followed by Boston Strong support and the Boston Red Sox winning the World Series at home
- Toronto Maple Leafs' Game 7 collapse against the Boston Bruins
- Saskatchewan Roughriders host and win the 101st Grey Cup
- LeBron James leads the Miami Heat to a second consecutive NBA Championship
- Lights out at Super Bowl XLVII
- Historic winning streaks of the Chicago Blackhawks and Miami Heat
- MLB's steroid investigation and player suspensions
- Aaron Hernandez charged with murder
- Oscar Pistorius charged with murder
- Lance Armstrong admits to doping
- The Manti Te'o hoax