Toronto FC ready for first exhibition game
ORLANDO, Fla. - New coach Ryan Nelsen says training camp is going according to plan for Toronto FC.
The former New Zealand international defender sees his squad in game action for the first time Saturday when TFC plays the Columbus Crew at the Walt Disney World Pro Soccer Classic.
The Montreal Impact play Sporting Kansas City in the second game at the Orlando tournament.
Nelsen hopes to give as many players as possible time on the field against Columbus.
He has all his players at his disposal, other than the injured Danny Koevermans and Logan Emory.
While Toronto was dealing with a snowstorm back home, Toronto FC players were lathering on sunscreen at practice under searing sun Friday.
fox sports exclusives
recently recommended stories
What was the biggest sports story of 2013?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- NHL lockout ends — Chicago Blackhawks win Stanley Cup
- Boston Marathon bombing followed by Boston Strong support and the Boston Red Sox winning the World Series at home
- Toronto Maple Leafs' Game 7 collapse against the Boston Bruins
- Saskatchewan Roughriders host and win the 101st Grey Cup
- LeBron James leads the Miami Heat to a second consecutive NBA Championship
- Lights out at Super Bowl XLVII
- Historic winning streaks of the Chicago Blackhawks and Miami Heat
- MLB's steroid investigation and player suspensions
- Aaron Hernandez charged with murder
- Oscar Pistorius charged with murder
- Lance Armstrong admits to doping
- The Manti Te'o hoax